Sunday, June 5, 2011

Broken Humerus - Time For Surgery

It's hard to believe, approaching the day of my operation, that it has already been over two months since I initially broke my arm with little to no signs of real healing or union as the doctors like to call it. It's Sunday evening, I've been called in to St Bernard's Hospital (yes, the view is actually that nice, from some rooms!) a day early, as the Dudley Toomey Ward already has a bed for me (in a private room no less) and they don't want to lose it (to someone who requires overnight treatment comes in through A&E for example).

I'm issued with theatre stockings (help stop deep vain thrombosis (DVT) setting in) and a gown, offered a bite to eat and reminded that as of midnight there is to be no consumption of solids, and no fluid as of 7am... the fasting starts, the time for surgery is upon me!

No comments:

Post a Comment