Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Surgical Wound Weeping

Having found out that I was not to be seen by another doctor until the 24th of sodding November, I took it upon myself to have my non-united humeral fracture and its still leaking, weeping wound seen to.

My scar never fully healed over from the original humerus surgery and as such, continues to leak/weep on a daily basis. Due to this, the chances of infection are quite high, so I need to be very careful to keep it clean, etc. This means I have not been able to swim all summer, I've not been able to go to the beach without having it carefully covered. Nor have I been able to do any exercise as sweat running down and into an open wound is never a good idea... hence my expanding waistline!

I saw Mr Surgeon Man's assistant as the new surgical consult/locum wasn't available to see me, and yet again, expressed my concerns about my arm, the weeping, etc. Whilst he went off to get a testing kit, to check for infection, I took the following photo...

Yeah, nice work! :(





No comments:

Post a Comment